What are the key knowledge areas of project management?
What are the project management knowledge areas?
- Project integration management.
- Project scope management.
- Project time management.
- Project cost management.
- Project quality management.
- Project resource management.
- Project communications management.
- Project risk management.
What is the importance of project knowledge areas?
Project management knowledge areas are an important realm of knowledge every project manager should be acquainted with. These areas help to systemize and prioritize project management processes, resulting in successful project execution.
What is the key benefit of managing project knowledge?
The Manage Project Knowledge process has primarily two purposes – reusing existing knowledge and creating new knowledge. Knowledge captured in the past is used to improve performance on the current project, and the knowledge created by the current project is made available to future projects.
What is the most important knowledge area in project management?
But as I reflected on the question later, as well as my own nearly four decades of experience as a project manager, I realized my answer wasn’t great. In retrospect, I should have said Stakeholder Management is the most important knowledge area.
What are the required knowledge and skills of a project manager?
Let’s look at some must-have soft skills for project managers.
- Leadership. Project managers are the project leaders and often, the team leaders too.
- Communication. Any project management skills list is sure to include communication near the top.
- Time management.
- Problem solving.
What is PMP knowledge area?
Project management knowledge areas coincide with the process groups, which are project initiation, project planning, project execution, monitoring and controlling, and project closing. These are the chronological phases that every project goes through.
How do you manage project knowledge?
It is about using existing knowledge within the organization to achieve the project’s objectives and then using new knowledge gained on the project to contribute to the organization”s body of knowledge. The process must include tools that allow converting data into information, and information into knowledge.
What kind of knowledge are required to manage projects?
Communication. Project managers must have strong communication skills to be able to convey messages to clients and team members.
- Leadership. Strong leadership skills are critical for project managers.
- Team management.
- Time management.
- Risk management.
What are the tools of knowledge management?
7 Essential Knowledge Management Tools
- Content Repository. Tools that allow users to manage and share knowledge content.
- Knowledge Search. A text search tool is often part of your content repository.
- Communication Tool.
- Social Software.
- Knowledge Visualization.
- Decision Support.
- Big Data.
What is knowledge based project management?
“Knowledge based project management is the systematic and optimal arrangement. and coordination of knowledge and knowledge configurations to achieve specific. objectives within certain constraints.” (
What are the key skills of a project manager?
6 The 6 project management skills you need to have
- Project management skill #1: Communication.
- Project management skill #2: Organization.
- Project management skill #3: Adaptability.
- Project management skill #4: Empathy.
- Project manager skill #5: Unflappability (i.e. the ability to stay cool under pressure)